Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Panoramas

My mobile's humble and sad attempts at panoramic shots.
Regent's Park
Regent's Park is well-pruned, courtly, and filled with roses. My friends and I went here during our trip to Camden Town. We spent a good amount of time in Regent's Park and sat on beach-like folding chairs by the lakes in the park. But we didn't know that these chairs need to be rented so we left all embarrassed when the employee came to collect the rent.
Eton College
Eton College is the most prestigious boarding school for boys in the U.K. Eighteen former British Prime Ministers attended the school and so did the two current princes. It was founded by King Henry VI as a Catholic school so there is a chapel on campus. Till this day, school boys still wear formal uniforms to class. It's old.
The National Gallery & Trafalgar Square
For my class, we visited the National Gallery. Interesting fact: traditionally, galleries housed paintings and museums housed objects. I saw the two Vermeers that are at the Gallery and sadly, they did not give me goosebumps. There is quite a wealth of first rate paintings in the Gallery and is well organized. Needless to say, I will be going back. Trafalgar Square is incredible and very monumental. It was such a beautiful sunny day in London today and I enjoyed seeing all the people hanging out in the square.

No comments: