Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Fun on a Budget

It costs a fortune going to the famous tourist attractions of London even with a student discount.

Palace of Westminster - £7.80
Westminster Abbey - £12
London Aquarium - £14
Buckingham Palace - £15
London Eye - £17.50
Madame Tussauds - £22.50

St. Paul's Cathedral costs £8.50 but lucky I got to go in for free. Mass is open to anyone...even tourists. ;) However, during service, you won't get the same experience as when you pay to go in. Everything beyond the transept is blocked so the best part, the high altar, cannot be seen. In addition, you won't get to climb up the magnificent dome.

What you will get, however, is the angelic sound of the choir. Maybe this doesn't always take place but the service was completely sung when I was there. I didn't understand one bit of the songs but it sounded fantastic! Hopefully I can get myself to "attend" the service at the Westminster Abbey one day.



No comments: