Friday, September 25, 2009

I'm Still Obsessed!


































I ran into this wonderful table at Selfridges. Completely unexpected, didn't know such a book was getting published, but what a wonderful surprise! So I bought it. The book is like an interview with Charles Saatchi the co-founder of Saatchi & Saatchi and founder of the Saatchi Gallery.


My favorite answer so far is this:

Page 100
Question: I know very little about contemporary art but have £1000 to invest. Any advice?
Answer: Premium bonds. Art is no investment unless you get very, very lucky, and can beat the professionals at their game. Just buy something you really like that will give you a thousand pounds' worth of pleasure over the years. And take your time looking for something really special, because looking is half the fun.

1 comment:

Amy said...

hahah i like that response too!