Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Looking forward

There are two films that I am looking forward to: New York, I Love You and Coco avant Chanel. After watching Paris, Je T'aime, I have been anticipating the release of the portmanteau film based on New York City. New York City is my favorite American city. Sadly, the released date kept getting pushed back from like November 08 to April to May and now October 09. It's strange that they kept changing the date. It premiered all the way back in September 2008 at the Toronto Film Festival. I'm guessing because Paris, Je T'aime was not a financial success, the producer had a difficult time finding a distributor for the NYC version. Limited release: 10/16/09



Since watching
Amelie, I have been following Audrey Tautou. I also loved her in The Da Vinci Code. :p She was courageous, intelligent, yet gentle. I think casting her for Coco Chanel in Coco avant Chanel is perfect. I am confident that Audrey will play Coco Chanel exceedingly well; hopefully this film will be for Audrey what La Vie en Rose was for Marion Cotillard. Limited release: 9/25/09


No comments: