Wednesday, August 5, 2009

500 Days of (Summer)




The days leading up to the limited release of 500 Days of (Summer) and the days after, the film did a lot of advertisement in Washington Post's Express, which I read every morning. They even created a fake front page promoting the film kind of like the ads for LIFE publications on Time magazine. The reviews were great too so I went to watch the film alone. It was my first time going to the movies alone!

I thought the film was going to be a summery love movie because of the title. I was wrong; but I loved the surprises that I got: the twists, the ups, the downs, the laughter, the tears, and the live-action animation! As raved by the critics, the techniques used to deliver the story were innovative and refreshing. I particularly loved the split screens segment which is also one of my favorite scenes.

Needless to say, Zoey Deschanel and Joseph Gordon-Levitt were great. The chemistry is fine; nothing for me to complain about. Since the film is still in theatres, please go watch it!!!

No comments: